A List Apart
A List Apart is an on-line web design magazine for people who make web sites, and is read by over 10,000 web designers each week. Mark has written several popular articles on CSS for them.
- » CSS Design: Taming Lists [September 27, 2002]
- » Practical CSS Layout Tips Tricks and Techniques [August 17, 2001]
- » Daemon Skins: Separating presentation from content [November 3, 2000]
Digital Web Magazine
Digital Web Magazine is an online magazine intended for professional web designers.
- » CSS 101—Typography and White Space [August, 2004]
- » An interview with Mark Newhouse [June, 2003]
- » Cascading Style Sheets, Promise vs. Reality, and a Look to the Future [June 4, 2002]
AirShare.org: Community Wireless - how we learned to stop worrying and love telecommunications.
- » Setting up a home WLAN [February 8, 2003]
With a focus on the pro and prosumer market, "MacEdition is committed to analyzing and discussing the Macintosh market, and its effect on computing, business, and life in general."
- » Making the switch — The tale of a “non-early adopter” [February 27, 2002]
Mark has spoken throughout the United States to a wide variety of audiences. In the past several years he has been a popular speaker at web design conferences as he teaches practical, real world techniques for integrating web standards into your web site. Contact him for more information on speaking at your event.
Recent conferences include:
- » Digital Design World 2004, San Francisco [February 18-20, 2004]
- » Web Design World 2003, Seattle [July 28-30, 2003]
- » WebVisions3, Portland [July 18, 2003]
- » Web Design World 2002, Boston [November, 2002]
- » Web Design World 2002, Seattle [July, 2002]
- » Web2001 Show, San Francisco [September, 2001]
- Arbiters of Style, Panel featuring Jeffrey Zeldman, Eric Meyer, Todd Fahrner, and Christopher Schmitt